Thursday 3 March 2011

For the book-lovers

With all these new items flooding the blog (and the store!) this week, I think it would be healthy to take a quick breather and just look through some items that might have gone by with lesser examination in all this rush. What's the biggest single category in my store? Bookplates, no question about that. Ex libris is what I love. My grandpa used to have one of his own back when these were designed specifically per person and made out of little paper sheets that were then hand-glued carefully in the book. That was also when ex libris were done in black and white exclusively. What I've tried is to offer as many a different varieties in both colour AND subject for bookplates as possible. I know books and trees are traditional (hey, who doesn't like Tree Of Knowledge?) but the way to stand out is usually to go with something other than trees. So just as a quick look, here are some non-tree related bookplates.

Glasses:

Dew drops:

Flamingo:

AND.. bookplates that are NOT round! :D

And since we're on the subject of books, I do have bookmarks as well. And they're pretty fancy too even if I do say so myself:


Flying piggy rackcard
Flying piggy by Boogybunny
Make rack cards at zazzle.co.uk

The good thing about these bookmarks is that they come in sets of 25, so you can freely start to read at least 25 different books/magazines before you run out of things to stick between them. Genius! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment